ME :)

Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's day

Second Sunday of May is the day to honor all the mother's in the world. Thats today! Wow. I did not remember it till I got my brush in the hand to clean up my teeth today. I got out of slumber suddenly and the bulb lit up.

I immediately rushed through rest of the process and went up to my mother and tried to be cute saying -"Happy Mother's day, Mummy" and then I could see tears of happiness in her eyes and it got all mushy. She hugged me tight and kissed me [:-*]. Damn! My teacher told me in school I should stop day dreaming. Well, all those things in Italics was my day dream. She said - " Stop calling me Mummy. It means dead-body!" [:O]

Ok now I said "Happy Mother's day Amma" in our own sweet native language and asked her
-" So what do you want for Mother's day? Shall I buy you a new mobile?" OK, may be my dream would come true now[:)] She said
-" Why cant you show all this love daily? Should someone somewhere in the world declare publicly when you should love your mom?"

That makes sense. I have learnt a lesson today.

There is no special day to say "I love you" and express it. Do it everyday like you brush your teeth. And the result would be great - A heartfelt Colgate smile [:D]

(Wait a sec! Was that Pepsodent? I never observe it you know. I am always sleepy when I brush and I don't buy stuff for home. Me the Lazy bum!)

6 comments:

Ramkumar R. Aiyengar said...

I tell my mom this every year... this year also.. and she was like 'I was wondering how this hadn't come till now'!

yeah, doesn't make sense in an indian scenario where your parents are with you only!

Vindy said...

en amma dhaan enakku "dei, innikki mothers day da" apdinu sonnaa... and I said "oho... apdiya? seri seri... irukkattum"

:D

Vatsav said...

my mom is awkward about mushiness...
the last time i called her up she told me she downloaded some new madonna ring tones..

Vatsav said...

oh and i can so imagine her cell phone ringing madonna in the office, and people being shocked by it...

Goda Ramkumar said...

@Ramku This whole thing about the difference in country's culture did not strike me at all.
@Vindy =))
@Vatsav Hep mom haan!

Nikhil Narayanan said...

What Mothers' Day ! All firang ideas to sell cards and gifts..may be they needed some day for bonding...
Some ppl asked me what Im gonna do on M day and I was like, I don't need a special day for this..
My mom knows this, I know it.
Jack asses, these firangs...
Evryday is M Day for me. :-)
My mom never celebrated M Day, and there is nothing wrong with her...
I am not planning to add my bit to the gift seller's kitty, sorry!