ME :)

Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Proofless!

As we grow up we have to face the Government offices again and again to escape identity crisis. It all goes in a circle. You need an address proof to get a passport and instructions read - You can submit your DL, Ration card, Voter's ID . To get a DL you need an address proof again which says- You can submit Passport,Ration card and Voter's ID and I am sure you don't want me to repeat it for the Voter's ID.( Why such a craze for address proof in a country where many are homeless ?)

*Sigh* My family does not have a ration card and I am caught in this vicious circle not knowing where to start!

I started off with a Bank Passbook ( Thanks to my father who told it can be used) and can you believe it? I still do the rotations and revolutions in various Government offices like planet earth with the same passbook :(.

I have this famous track record of never getting the work done the first time at any Govt office. I am sure it is not a great record because there will be thousands
like me ( Forgot the greater numbers taught at school:D).

  1. Passport- the file goes missing and delivery of the passport is delayed by 2 months!I get it for my hostel address where I live only for an year and after that again I am address proofless!
  2. Driving License-I fail the LL test when I go personally :( but pass the DL test directly second time when I go through a driving agency. Again for a temporary address I don't live in now :(.
  3. Voter's ID- Power cut when my photo has to be taken and on another day I get a Voter's ID with the wrong address ( I am destined not to have an address proof) which needs to be corrected in the second round where my photo will be taken again. Aah I feel like a model :D.
  4. PAN card- For some strange reason they don't print address on the card :(.
God gave me a beautiful home, but I need to keep proving to everyone :(. I would like to thank Ammembal Subbarao Pai. Wondering who that is? He is the founder of Canara Bank in which I have the account that has been with me through all these ups and downs.

1 comment:

Ramkumar R. Aiyengar said...

Reminds me of a play I saw recently, in which due to a technical issue, a person's identity goes missing, and people stop believing that he exists even though he goes around and he claims he does :p