ME :)

Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Friday, May 16, 2008

Side effects of bulbing!


If you are a normal human being then what does bulb mean to you?

"Source of artificial light that works by incandescence"
If you are a biologist?

"Underground vertical shoot that has modified leaves used as food storage organs"
Enough of knowledge transfer from wiki to blogspot. Coming to the point- what would a bulb mean to you if you are from IIT Madras?
"Hmmm.. Ahem... Grr.... Well, it has become so much a part of my language that I cant find the definition in English :D. Let me try. It would be a person like me who cannot grasp obvious things fast which results in late realizations"
Note: That does not tell anything about my grasping power, intelligence or speed. It can be thought of as a side effect of high grasping power, intelligence bla bla bla which leads to such a symptom when all these great attributes take a nap. :) [ Ah ! I love that explanation]

So now I am going to give you an example of side effect of a side effect :D

I got a new Sony Ericson 810i mobile with my bonus. Don't be under the assumption that my bonus= price of the mobile.
Reasons:
  1. Bonus amount is supposed to be confidential. Even if you are assuming something please please please forget it! I am not supposed to reveal something here.
  2. Mobile prices are very dynamic now a days. That gives me some relief. :) Now I can keep the month of bonus to myself :D in case you are very interested and find out the price of the mobile in that month. OK I hear that. You said something like "What nonsense!". Cool then I happily move on.
I spend some days with earphones adorning my ears all the time. Then I shift to the other functionality. Yes, the camera. I become self obsessed and click away pics to glory. And then comes the time to flaunt all those pics.

Status :" Process completed successfully"

[Before I go to the feedback section, some background required. I am obsessed with one more thing in life. The beautiful emoticons that various IM services provide. I love them and I call all of them smileys irrespective of what they emote. Someone sometime back told me that using emoticons in official conversations is considered as "unprofessional". ]

Feedback: This is where you will have the fun of side effects.


Mr XYZ ( On a professional conversation) : So when do we get to discuss the next steps?


Miss Goda ( In not so professional mood) : Let us think together and discuss the same on monday face to face :)


Mr XYZ : Ok That sounds good.


Mr XYZ again ( On shifting to a not so professional conversation which I bulbed to notice!) : Your display pic looks good. BTW > you need not put smileys.


Miss Goda ( Bulbing) : Oh I am sorry. You dont like smileys? ( Cursing herself for performing an unprofessional act!)


Mr XYZ ( Giving up on her heights of bulbing and the forcing situation to explain ): I meant your display pic itself is like a smiley.

Miss Goda ( Realizing that she bulbed) : Oh Thanks. [ Subconsciously :-|]


Ok Ok. Had a loud hearty laugh? Fine. It happens. Especially when you are not used to getting frequent compliments. :D

The side effect of it all is you feel "Oh shit!" even after getting a compliment.









2 comments:

Lazybones said...

Achcha... U r really a bulb!! He was flirtng dear... it isn't a compliment! :P
(This is not a professional conversation, and so I think it is fine to use a smiley here.)

Confounded-Lady said...

Considering that your in my territory, I think I am authorised to comment...emphatically that too :P

Bulbing is an art...everyone bulbs, but someone of them too it sooo tactfully that others dont know they re doing so. I recently learnt that the trick to protect your selfesteem when getting on a bulbing high, is to switch topics smoothly.

But it doesnt work with me..ppl seeright through me.
Oh well, we are the oldest citizens of Bulb-land.

Here's to us.
*tusshhhh....drops the wine-glass by mistake and colon-pipes and public*